Updated: January 31, 2023
Our goal with the Plantpeddler Summer Internship is to offer an opportunity to experience a commercial greenhouse environment at an industry-leading company. The internship provides flexibility, challenge, and opportunity to grow.
Intern experiences while at Plantpeddler from mid-May to mid-August include:
- Pulling orders of retail-ready product and preparing for shipment.
- Pulling mum RC orders and preparing for shipment.
- The steps in propagating mums and poinsettias.
- Transplanting mums and poinsettias into finished containers.
- Combination building.
- Involvement in crop production.
- Marketing efforts and networking.
- Planting Trial Garden in our new garden, tending plants, record-keeping and evaluation.
- Variety Day event for customers, brokers, industry professionals with seminars, open trial garden, networking.
- Retail shop activities, if interested.
- Learning and utilizing advanced greenhouse technology.
- Other aspects of greenhouse management and production.
- Any other areas in which you have a special interest.
- Hourly wage of $15 per hour, and $22.50 for any overtime hours.
- Free housing either with our international interns or other accommodation secured with help from Plantpeddler staff.
- Must be currently enrolled with a major in horticulture at an accredited 2-year college or 4-year university BA/BS or a recent graduate of such a program.
- Must be interested in exploring or pursuing a career in a production greenhouse.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Contact Joan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 563-547-2162 for more information.